Cree LED Revolution Blog
Cree and LED lighting are starting a revolution
May 8th, 2012
For the first time, Cree’s lighting booth at Lightfair will feature both indoor and outdoor lighting, and you won’t want to miss either.
For many of you, Lightfair offers the first chance to see the outdoor lighting products Cree launched since acquiring Ruud Lighting last year. And boy has it been a busy year.
Some of the outdoor LED lighting products we’ll be showcasing at our booth #3008 include:
- Cree XSP Series Street Light: Our most affordable and efficient LED street light, the XSP Series is designed to speed payback to municipalities. It’s the high-pressure sodium street light buster, using nearly 50 percent less energy than that wasteful, traditional street light; and it’s designed to last three times longer too. Come see why this LED street light is the ideal choice for cities and municipalities looking to save money and resources.
- Aeroblades: If you want to see where industry-leading LED innovation and high design meet, stop by our booth and head straight for our Aeroblades display. Designed and engineered with Speirs + Major, one of the world’s leading lighting design firms, the Aeroblades luminaire series takes a bold approach to architectural street, area and security lighting. You’ll know why as soon as you see it.
- Cree Traditional Post-Top LED Upgrade Kit: If you’re coming to Lightfair looking for a way to lower operating costs for outdoor lighting, be sure to check out our new LED Upgrade Kit. Our Upgrade Kit seamlessly transforms existing, inefficient luminaires into energy-efficient lighting, low-maintenance LED luminaires.
We’ll also be featuring a variety of our indoor LED lighting products at Lightfair including:
- Cree CS Series LED Linear Luminaire: Our new high-efficacy suspended linear luminaire offers fast payback to low bay lighting applications. Using 40 to 50 percent less energy than comparable linear fluorescents, the CS Series LED Linear Luminaire delivers an unmatched performance combination of up to 120 lumens per watt, 90 CRI and 75,000 hour lifetime. This is unlike any other linear fluorescent or LED lighting solution on the market!
- Cree CR Series LED Troffer: Our CR Series made its debut at last year’s Lightfair in Philadelphia. This year it’s bigger, better, faster and even more affordable. The new CR Troffer addresses more applications and eliminates the use of antiquated fluorescent technology in new or retrofit commercial and industrial settings. We also recently announced new pricing to drive even faster payback for building contractors, designers and owners.
- Cree SR Series Architectural Downlight: Just this month we announced an extension in our family of the world’s most efficient downlights, with our revolutionary SR Series LED Architectural Downlight. This six-inch LED architectural luminaire features modern design, high color quality and double the efficacy of fluorescent technology. It uses 85 percent less energy and is designed to last up to 30 times longer than comparable incandescent lighting! The Cree lighting booth isn’t the only place in Vegas to see this downlight in action. Stop by our booth and ask about our installation at Caesars Palace!
- Cree KR Series LED Downlight: After you see our new KR Series, you may be hard-pressed to come up with a reason to specify a CFL downlight again. This is the industry’s first LED downlight designed to deliver specification-grade lighting performance with pricing to match the everyday price of incumbent technology fluorescent grade downlights. With initial models designed to replace 18 and 26 watt fluorescent downlights, the KR Series is at least 35 percent more efficient than incumbent fluorescents and is designed to last up to five times longer.
Of course, that’s not all. We’ve got even more outdoor and indoor LED lighting options illuminating our Lightfair booth this year! Come by and see them all, or make plans to get a personal booth tour during our LED Lighting Tweetup at 2:30 p.m. Thursday, May 10 at Booth #3008.